Pet Passports & International Travel Clinics

It is now relatively easy for your pets to travel in and out of the UK without having to go through quarantine on their return to the UK.

The standard international travel document for pets is now the Pets Passport, which combines identification of the owner and the pet (through description and microchip number) with details of rabies and other vaccinations required. We can prepare these passports for you.

Full details of the Pets Passport scheme can be found at the UK government Animal and Plant Health Agency website .

If you are intending to travel with your pets, we strongly advise that you contact:

  • the UK government Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA) for any export requirements
  • the airline or travel company for their specific travel requirements, and
  • the authorities in the destination country for any import regulations

For travel within the EU, a Pet Passport is all that is required.

For air travel most airlines will require a Certificate of Fitness to Fly for your pet. We can supply these for you – all you need to do is book a consultation here, normlly within 5 days of your proposed date of travel.

For travel to most other countries, an APHA export certificate is required. You can download your application form at APHA Pet Export Certificate Application

We are happy to help you prepare any of these travel documents for your pets as they travel around the world. Our vets Andrew, Odile, Mat and Stephen are all Official Veterinary Surgeons for APHA, allowing them to prepare and sign both Pet Passports and APHA export certificates for pet travel where required.

Please don’t hesitate to call us on 0207 723 0453 for any help or advice you might need.