Pet Health Emergencies & Access to Our 24-Hour Vet Service
If you need urgent veterinary assistance during the hours that we are open, call 0207 723 0453 and we will do everything we can to help you.
Out of Hours Emergency Cover
If our clinic is closed at night, over the weekend or on a Bank Holiday, our emergency service at the Elizabeth Street Emergency Clinic is available to you on 020 7730 9102.
What is an Emergency?
The veterinary emergencies that need action NOW include the following:
- Severe bleeding or minor bleeding that doesn’t stop within five minutes
- Choking, difficulty breathing or nonstop coughing and gagging
- Bleeding from nose, mouth, rectum, coughing up blood, or blood in urine
- Inability to urinate or pass feces (stool), or obvious pain associated with urinating or passing stool
- Injuries to your pet’s eye(s)
- You suspect or know your pet has eaten something poisonous (such as antifreeze, xylitol, chocolate, rodent poison, etc.)
- Seizures and/or staggering
- Fractured bones, severe lameness or inability to move leg(s)
- Obvious signs of pain or extreme anxiety
- Heat stress or heatstroke
- Severe vomiting or diarrhoea – more than two episodes in a 24-hour period, or either of these combined with obvious illness or any of the other problems listed here
- Refusal to drink for 24 hours or more
Any pet health situation that is causing you worry or concern is worth a call either for advice or action. 0207 723 0453 during office hours, 0207 730 9102 out of hours.
Some emergencies are unavoidable but in general prevention is always better than cure. We do everything we can to minimise the chances of you needing an out of hours vet by offering a range of services like our free online symptom checker, pet healthcare plans and same day appointments for ill pets. You can also sign up for our free email newsletter.
The emergency number when the clinic is closed is 0207 730 9102